I’m back! After travelling to three states and celebrating four different Christmases, it has taken me a while to recover and settle back into our normal routine. Unpacking from a Christmas trip is a monster of a job. I’m happy to start a new year, make a few resolutions (most of which I’ve already broken), and get back to blogging!
Since Valentine’s is just around the corner, this seems to be a fitting time to share my little girls’ room with you. I’m just going to go ahead and warn you right now, there will be an overload of girliness in this room and on this blog over the next few weeks. I’m a girly girl, so having my own girls was a dream come true for me. I get to relive my childhood through them. They are 3 and 5, and they share an 8′ x 10′ bedroom, which is a small room to begin with, but with half of the room taken up by dress-up clothes…whew, it’s a challenge to fit it all in.
Right now, I’m working on dressing up the walls, and I wanted something special and personalized. I have seen a few projects with floral letters, like this one, so I’m using that as my inspiration.
First, a list of supplies:
Shadow Box ($12.49 after 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
Wooden Letter ($1.49 at Walmart)
Scrapbook Paper ($.59 at Hobby Lobby)
Artificial Flowers ($4.99 with 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby)
Glue Gun ($2.67 at Walmart)
So the total cost is right around $20 per picture.
For the flowers, I had to pick the actual flowers off of their stems, and in some cases, cut the remaining stems down so the flowers would lay as flat as possible to the paper. I laid out the largest flowers first, hot glued them on, and started filling in the rest with the smaller flowers.
Next, I cut my scrapbook paper down to size using the velvet/foam insert from the shadow box as a template. Using the pins included with the shadow box, I pinned the paper to the insert.
The pressboard letter that I got was very light, so I was able to just hot glue the back of the letter right onto the paper.
I put the insert back into the shadow box, and voila! A pretty little Z for my little ballerina…
…and then a B for the wild-haired one.
I think they look so pretty together! The little girl in me is quite pleased with this simple little project.
And now, time to go pick up the, oh, 30 or so dress-up dresses that said little girls have strewn all over the floor while I’ve been writing this post. Anything to keep them busy!