Are all passports a standard size

All minor children, including newborns and infants, must have their own U.S. passports. 

All children under age 16 must appear in person with appropriate documentation and with both parents.  Parental consent and signatures are mandatory for passport issuance for minors under age 16 and for renewals. 

Need a first passport for your newborn child?  Please visit our Consular Report of Birth Abroad and First Passport webpage.

Step A. Schedule an Online Appointment

Each child must have his /her own appointment. No family appointments

Note: If you do not already have a first passport for your child, there are special requirements to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroadand first passport for newborns and infants.

Step B. Complete Passport Application Form DS-11

We require that you enter your child’s personal information on Form DS-11 using the online passport wizard. Be sure to answer all questions accurately as any mistakes may result in a delay.

Step C. Submit Child’s Current Passport (if applicable) AND 1 photocopy

Submit Child’s Current Passport (if applicable) AND 1 photocopy

Step D. Provide Parental Consent Form DS-3053

Passports for Minors:  Provide Parental Consent 

  1. Both parents will appear together and sign the application form (DS-11) in the presence of a Consular Officer or;
  2. One parent appears and signs and submits the non-appearing  parent’s signed, notarized “Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent” (PDF – 160 KB) which authorizes passport issuance for the child, together with the non-appearing parent’s signed photo identification (copy or original document).

The non-appearing parent’s signature may be certified by:

Note: The written consent from the non-applying parent that accompanies an application for a new passport must be less than 3 months old; or

  1. One parent with sole legal custody, or a third party (in Loco Parentis applying on behalf of a minor under the age of 16) must refer to the State Department webpage entryProvide Parental Consent (Step F) for necessary, mandatory documentation.

Note: If none of the documentation on the website of the State Department concerning Parental Consent (Step F) is applicable, the applying parent must submitForm DS-5525 stating why the non-applying parent/guardian’s consent cannot be obtained.

Step E. Submit Evidence of Child’s U.S. Citizenship AND Evidence of Relationship

You must submit original documents AND one photocopy.

Submit your child’s last issued U.S. Passport AND one of the documents below:

 Evidence of U.S. Citizenship; present originals AND one photocopy; 

  • Original, or certified S. Birth Certificate (showing both parents’ names) issued by the city, county or state if your child was born in the United States;
  • Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Birth Certificate if your child was born abroad (if you have Reports of Birth issued for other children, please bring original AND 1 photocopy); or
  • Original Naturalization Certificate, or
  • Original Certificate of Citizenship.

Step F. Present Identification of Both Parent(s) / Guardian(s)

You must submit original document AND 1 photocopy. 

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. or foreign passport,or
  • Moroccan National Identification Card
  • Moroccan Driver’s Licence
  • Original Naturalization Certificate,or
  • Current Government Employee ID (city, state or federal), or
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents).

Please photocopy both parents identification on one single page.

Step G. Provide One Recent Passport Photo

  • Submit one current S. standard size passport photograph for biometric passports.
  • All photos must have a white, light or neutral off white background. Do NOT staple the photo to your application.
  • If the passport being renewed contains a photo that does not clearly resemble the applicant, i.e., baby photo in passport, you MUST provide transition photos.

Step H. Passport Fee


  • First time application for a 10 year passport: $145
  • Passport application for a minor aged under 16: $115
  • Renewal of a 10-year passport: $110
  • Additional Visa Pages: Service Discontinued as of January 2016

You may pay the passport fee for a minor child by:

  1. Credit card issued by American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover;
  2. Cash in Dirhams or Dollars in bills only, no coins — we do NOT accept any personal checks.

For more information please refer to the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs website pages.