Generate descriptive statistics that summarize the central tendency, dispersion and shape of a dataset’s distribution, excluding values.
Analyzes both numeric and object series, as well as column sets of mixed data types. The output will vary depending on what is provided. Refer to the notes below for more detail.
For numeric data, the result’s index will include , , , , as well as lower, and upper percentiles. By default the lower percentile is and the upper percentile is . The percentile is the same as the median.
For object data (e.g. strings or timestamps), the result’s index will include , , , and . The is the most common value. The is the most common value’s frequency. Timestamps also include the and items.
If multiple object values have the highest count, then the and results will be arbitrarily chosen from among those with the highest count.
For mixed data types provided via a , the default is to return only an analysis of numeric columns. If the dataframe consists only of object and categorical data without any numeric columns, the default is to return an analysis of both the object and categorical columns. If is provided as an option, the result will include a union of attributes of each type.
The include and exclude parameters can be used to limit which columns in a are analyzed for the output. The parameters are ignored when analyzing a .
Describing a numeric .
Describing a categorical .
Describing a timestamp .
Describing a . By default only numeric fields are returned.
Describing all columns of a regardless of data type.
Describing a column from a by accessing it as an attribute.
Including only numeric columns in a description.
Including only string columns in a description.
Including only categorical columns from a description.
Excluding numeric columns from a description.
Excluding object columns from a description.
- What constitutes an inappropriate post on Instagram
- Can people with hyper sensitivity drive
- Do we die to reborn
- What are the characteristics of marsupials
- How do I activate my Instagram account
- Is everyone unconsciously biased
- What are some recent movements in India
- Was Queen Victoria a bad mother
- Why was Gregor Mendels work important
- Why am I struggling with depression
- What will be Pakistans population in 2050
- Does Saturn have volcanoes craters or canyons
- How does It compare to the novel
- Who are the most educated arabs
- What do hedge fund managers do
- What is London Boys most successful song
- Can humans someday get synthetic brains
- Why do people have premonitions