The composition of total Drag as it is shown below:
Thanks to DRAGBUSTERS... This document can solve this question, and analyses the drag in detail.
Profile Drag Definition: Profile Drag is the drag incurred from frictional resistance of the blades passing through the air. It does not change significantly with angle of attack of the airfoil section, but increases moderately as airspeed increases. Taken from here.
Definitions of profile drag as they are in dictionaries:
The portion of the wing drag that is due to friction and turbulence in the fluid and that would be absent if it were nonviscous
The part of the drag on an aerofoil or aircraft which arises directly from its profile and from skin friction (i.e. the part not attributable to lift).
By reading this...(in fifth par.)
Form Drag Definition: Drag which depends on the shape of the aircraft, is called form drag.
The following definition has been taken from here.
Profile Drag or, sometimes called form drag, is the drag caused by the separation of the boundary layer from a surface and the wake created by that separation. It is primarily dependent upon the shape of the object. Form or pressure drag is caused by the air that is flowing over the aircraft or airfoil.
And finally, the most commonly types of drag encountered are,
Parasitic Drag, composed of
Form Drag, which is the result of the aerodynamic resistance to motion due to the shape of the aircraft,
Skin Friction Drag, which is due to the smoothness or roughness of the surfaces of the aircraft, and
Interference Drag, which may occur where surfaces with different characteristics meet (e.g. wing and fuselage)
Induced Drag, which is a secondary effect of the production of lift,and
Wave Drag which comes into play when shock waves are developed close to the surface of the aircraft in transonic and supersonic flight.
Taken by this Skybrary Article which describes very nicely the types of drag.
- Which celebrities are hiding dark pasts
- Is the word chingada used in Chile
- How should you care for granite countertops
- How come Quora is so right wing
- How do I build a work bench
- Why should you migrate to the Philippines
- What is Foster City Ca known for
- What is inbound call centre
- What does the word ancients refer to
- What are the main drawbacks of CrowdFlower
- Should men ever wear white shoes
- Why are puppies nice
- Why should we open a PPF account
- What if Google starts ecommerce
- In Biology what is an acquired characteristic
- Why not build a modern missile battleship
- Does Accenture check certifications such as Java
- How many rupees are in the world
- How do I stop questioning my abilities