Christmas is just around the corner, y’all! 24 Days, to be precise. Are you the kind of person who has had your shopping, wrapping and decorating finished for a month now, or are you the kind of person who is scrambling to cross off your entire shopping list on Christmas eve? I fall into the latter category. But I get really into gift-wrapping, almost more than shopping for gifts, even. Gift wrapping is so much fun, kind of like scrapbooking, with endless combinations and chances to get creative.
I’ve chosen copper and marble as my theme this Christmas, and I’m excited to show you a few gift-wrapping combinations I’ve come up with to inspire you as you’re wrapping your gifts.
I knew exactly what I wanted, but had a really tough time finding the copper and marble wrapping paper I had in mind. I ended up using Con-Tact paper that I found on Amazon, and I just cut strips of it to use as accents over my wrapping paper. The best investments, though, were the washi tape and copper leafing pen I used, because there’s just an endless variety of patterns and prints to be made with them…stars, names, Christmas trees, or any number of geometric prints. As you can see above, I used the copper leafing pen to add stars, and to scribble the copper marble look onto black paper, and used little strips of washi tape to make the geometric pattern.
Now, if I could give you one tip to take away from this post, it would be to always, always, always use greenery…from your backyard, the side of the road, your grandma’s house…wherever you can find it. Greenery is the perfect (and free!) finishing touch that really completes any wrapping job.
Oh, and I’ll let you in on a little secret, which probably won’t surprise anyone who knows me. All of these boxes are empty (insert ashamed face). But I will be using them in my décor, so it’s not completely in vain.
Here’s a list of the supplies I ended up using:
- Marble Contact Paper from Amazon (I used cut strips over the black wrapping paper, since it was a little tough to wrap with)
- Copper Contact Paper from Amazon (Again, I used strips; this one was a bit pricey, but I will be using for lots of other projects I have planned for and after Christmas)
- Copper Washi Tape from Amazon (Comes in a pack with silver and gold, all really pretty)
- Black Chalkboard Kraft Paper from Amazon
- Copper Leafing Pen from Hobby Lobby (used my 40% coupon, of course!)
- Copper Paper Letters from Hobby Lobby
- Bottle Brush Trees from Walmart (only $.74 each!)
- Various black and white ribbon from Walmart (leftover from last year)
- Faux flowers from Dollar Tree (the black ones are spray painted and copper leafed on the edges)
- Greenery from my yard