Several things affect the final weight of concrete.
Concrete has many different densities based on its composition. Standard "ready mix" concrete is often engineered for structural strength of 3000psi. Since concrete is not this strong when it is first poured, a standard was created for when to test concrete. This standard calls for the strength to be determined at 28 days old. At this point, concrete has achieved about 99% of its strength, and will continue to very slowly strengthen over the next few years. At 28 days old, I use a density of .085 pounds per cubic inch (146.9 pounds per cubic foot) when calculating structural load.
Concrete is porous. In humid weather, concrete will absorb moisture from the air while in dry weather it will release moisture. Even if you made the "perfect" weight today, it may decrease or increase over time. This is why, when you buy concrete weights, they are encased in plastic.
Regarding your question on adding more or less water: Contrary to popular belief, concrete doesn't "dry" to for it to cure. Concrete hardens as a chemical reaction. Adding more water than what is optimal to create the chemical reaction will only weaken the concrete without changing its final weight.
As a side note, concrete cracks easily. This is another reason why, when you buy concrete weights, they are encased in plastic. With that not being a reasonable option here, and based on your application, I would strengthen the concrete mesh or fiber. You can order "ready mix" with fiberglass fibers in it, or you can use a large hole mesh. Too small of holes will create a fault line. Aluminum works well because its density (.097) is close to concrete's density. In any case, this type of weight is not to be dropped from any height.
- How I can approach bloggers for advertising
- Does Cyprus uses Uber or another rideshare
- What is solidity in blockchain
- What does michael mean in Hebrew
- Do you agree with detaining immigrant families
- Should I continue watching Bleach
- Can honey be taken raw
- What are the main teachings of Ramanuja
- How can I fix my mind
- Why are rains considered romantic?no_redirect=1
- Web designing course in Chandigarh 1
- What makes up a red wine blend
- Why does Nymphadora Tonks dislike her name
- Do cultural messages lead to eating disorders
- Are we free 1
- Will there be a 2019 Volkswagen Beetle
- Where was the medieval Duchy of Merania
- How fast is the Quora Topic Bot