Find the title of the page or article. You'll need the title of the article or page you are on as part of your citation. Even if it's a blog post, you'll still need the title.
Get the website name. Besides the title of the article, you'll need the name of the website. For example, this article's title is "How to Find the Author of a Website" and the website name is "wikiHow."
Try to find the publisher. This is the company, organization, or person that produces or sponsors the website. This may not be different than the website title, but be sure to check. For example, a health organization may run a separate website devoted to heart health.
Find the date the page or article was published. This isn't always possible, but you should always try to find the publication date if you can.
Get a version number if possible (MLA). If the article or publication has a volume or version number, make sure to note this for MLA citations.
- MLA7 no longer requires including the URL for websites. The page title and site title are sufficient. Check with your instructor if you use MLA for your citation format.
- For most publications, you can find the DOI at the top of the article. You may need to click an "Article" button or a button with the publisher's name. This will open the full article with the DOI at the top.
- You can look up a DOI by using the CrossRef search (). Enter in the article title or the author to find the DOI.
- MLA: Author <Last, First M>. "Article Title." Website Title. Version Number. Website Publisher, Date Published. Web. Date Accessed.
- Use "n.p." if there is no publisher and "n.d." if there is no publishing date.
- APA: Author <Last, F>. Article Title. (Date Published). Website Title, Issue/Volume Number, Pages Referenced. Retrieved from <Full URL or DOI>
- How rigorous are the classes at USC
- What caused El Chapo to commit crime
- How do you define a good employee
- What is agent causation in philosophy
- Can an SQL person learn big data
- Whats so special about Madurai
- Why do people believe in Islam
- How strong is a tarpaulin
- How do you say forever in Portuguese
- What are the best fragrance
- How do I solve this wordpress issue
- Why do people like slingerland drums
- Why is there the flat Earth debate
- What are silicone tidds
- How dangerous laser on CD ROM
- Who created computer software
- Are human beings really political animals
- Whats a typically American gift or souvenir
- Why doesnt Hawaii speak Hawaiian