The dam is built across Vaigai river, which is located near Andipatti, in the Theni district, Tamil Nadu. The water from this dam provides a great source for irrigation in the districts of Madurai and Dindigul. It also provides drinking water for in and around Andipatti & Madurai.
The Government of Tamil Nadu, near the dam, has constructed an Agricultural Research Station for researching the growing of a variety of crops, including rice, sorghum, black gram, cow-pea and cotton.Over the years, it has become a popular picnic spot, especially for group excursions.
By Road:The dam is situated at 7 kms from Andipatti, 14 kms from Theni and 70 kms from Madurai.
By Train:The nearest railway station is Dindigul station which is located 61 km away from the dam. The Railway station in Theni is not functioning.
By Air:The nearest airport is Madurai Airport (IXM), which is 80 km away from the Dam. Air connectivity is available from Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Vijayawada. International connectivity is available to Sri Lanka and Dubai. Connectivity to Singapore is expected soon.
There is no entry fee for the dam and is open from 0600-1800 hours.
- What is directing
- How can we easily download Turbo C
- Are metaphysical debates substantial
- How violent is the Quran
- Why human have only one heart
- What is a cell phone case
- What is intentional discipleship
- What is the role of cognitive skills
- Is CU good for a BCom Honours
- Does Django need a web server
- How do you describe a start plan
- Does eating eggs count as eating meat
- What is your take on intelligence
- Is Joel Spolsky a programmer
- Why is there the flat Earth debate
- How does the climate crisis impact health
- Why are Sub Zero refrigerators so expensive
- What makes cleveland browns fans unique
- How do you say plain in Turkish
- Do you avoid crowds