1Using System Information
1Hold down and press . This will open the "Run" command on any Windows PC.
- On PCs running Windows 7 or later, you can also right-click the Start menu and then click Run.
Type into Run. Do so in the search bar to the right of the "Open:" heading.
Click OK. This will open the Windows System Information utility, which contains details about your specific model of computer.
4Find the "System SKU" section. It's near the middle of the System Information page. The number listed to the right of "System SKU" is your HP laptop's model number.
- You can also find your computer's product name in this window by looking at the name next to the "System Model" category.
Write down the SKU number. Providing this information to a tech or using it to inform a search query for drivers or hardware will ensure that your laptop receives pertinent information.
2Using the Product Label
1Shut down your laptop. You can do this on any version of Windows by holding down the laptop's power button until the machine turns off.
- Make sure you save and close all work before doing this.
- On Windows Vista and up, you can click the Start button in the bottom-left corner of the screen, click the power icon, and click Shut down.
Unplug your laptop from any power sources. This is to ensure that you don't get shocked when you remove your laptop's battery.
3Turn your laptop over and remove its battery. In most cases, you'll do so by sliding a switch to the left or right, holding it there, and gently sliding the battery out.
- If there is a sticker on the bottom of your laptop with product information, you may not need to remove the battery.
4Find the "Product" label. Typically, this label will be in a section separate from the "Regulatory" part of the information here. Next to the "Product" label will be a series of numbers and letters; this is your HP laptop's model number.
- If you can't find "Product", look for a "Serial" heading. While your laptop's model number doesn't correlate to the serial number, it's usually listed somewhere below the serial number.
Write down the model number. If you're ever trying to get help for your laptop from a technician, providing them with this number will likely speed up the service process.
How do I find the serial number on an HP laptop?
The serial number is usually with other information on either the bottom right hand corner or on the bottom of your device. Serial numbers can also be found in system settings, under "About my PC."
How do I check the RAM on my HP laptop?
You have to go to "My PC" and based on your Operating System, you will see a "System Information" option. You will see your laptop's RAM there.
How do I check the screen size of my HP Notebook PC?
You should be able to check the screen size by manually measuring it, or it might be on the packaging of the laptop when you purchased it.
How do I find the product key on an HP laptop?
Assuming your HP laptop is running Windows, open your Control Panel. Once it is open, click on "System and Security", then click "System." The product key will show close to the bottom of the window.
Ask a Question
- How can we study an objective question
- Why was the show The 4400 canceled
- Which country loves sex the most
- How many feet are in 18 yards
- How do you make a rope ladder
- Is Batman arrogant
- When liquefaction occurs what changes intermolecular forces
- What sort of city is Thunder Bay
- Which is worse “The Governor” or “Negan”
- Does stone dust harm the stones craftmen
- What are some adaptions of red wolves
- Are introverts normally antisocial or misanthropic
- Is Amazon cheaper than retail store shopping
- How do you treat neuropathy from chemo
- What are the uses of hospitals
- What are the myths about loving someone
- What s the truth about a liar
- What if the Earth was a torus