Undrafted Rookie Was Named First-Team All-ACC & Second-Team All-America As A Senior At Duke Last Season
The Golden State Warriors have signed free agent guard Seth Curry to a contract, the team announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
Curry, 23, went undrafted in the 2013 NBA Draft following his senior season at Duke University in which the 6-2 guard averaged a team-leading 17.5 points to go along with 2.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 32.3 minutes over 35 games. He ranked second in the ACC in scoring and three-point percentage (.438), earning First-Team All-ACC honors and Second-Team All-America recognition from The Sporting News. In four NCAA Tournament games, he averaged 21.0 points per contest, including a 29-point effort in a Sweet 16 victory over Michigan State. On April 15, 2013, Curry underwent surgery on the right lower leg injury that he played on throughout the 2012-13 campaign, an injury that kept him out of a majority of the team's practices during the season.
A native of Charlotte, NC, Curry enjoyed a three-year career at Duke in which he averaged 13.2 points, 2.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.2 steals and 29.1 minutes in 106 games (86 starts). He closed his Duke career ranked third on the school's all-time list in three-point percentage (.420), fifth in free throw percentage (.825) and eighth in three-pointers made (223). Prior to transferring to Duke, Curry began his college career at Liberty University in 2008-09. At Liberty he earned Big South Freshman of the Year honors after averaging 20.2 points per game, which was the highest scoring average in the country amongst freshmen.
Seth is the younger brother of fifth-year Warriors guard Stephen Curry. In 2012-13, the duo became the highest scoring brother tandem in NCAA history, finishing their college careers with a combined 4,736 points (Seth - 2,101 points at Liberty and Duke; Stephen - 2,635 in four years at Davidson).
Seth will wear uniform #3.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why do we need IPv6
- What are the basics of business strategy?no_redirect=1
- Does Ivanka Trump wear too much foundation
- Why do I always feel dull
- Is B pharm is very tough
- Do portrait artists appreciate abstract art
- What language is W3Schools programmed in
- What was Harpo Marxs real name
- Why is meth not safe
- What cultural revolution affected China
- Do the Vietnamese have Filipino blood
- Is IPU good for BBA
- Should I not watch movies anymore
- Is erosion an effect of aging
- Why are red diamonds so rare
- Can meditation improve personality attitude
- What is classical apologetics
- Are fast fashion ruining the planet
- What is cold 1